“Bag of Bones” by Stephen King


What I’m listening to in the studio…

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten very far in my current audio book Ken Follett’s book “Fall of the Giants.” So far I am hooked and I am anxious to get back to listening to it but, the work in the studio hasn’t afforded me the opportunity to listen to an audio book while working.

So I thought I would share one of my all time favorite audio books, Stephen King’s “Bag of bones,” what a great story! I believe I have listened to this book at least 6 times so far and as I am writing this I am thinking about listening to it again, maybe after “Fall of the Giants.” 



Synopsis:
Several years after his wife's death, novelist Mike Noonan still suffers writers block. A dream inspires him to return to the couple's summer retreat in western Maine, a lakeside house called Sara Laughs. Shortly after arriving, Noonan is caught in the middle of a custody battle involving the daughter of an attractive young widow and the child's enormously wealthy grandfather. He also discovers that Sara Laughs is haunted and that his late wife, Joanna, still has something to tell him.

The story is filled with creative angst, death, despair, triumph, good and evil and of course ghosts! What else could you ask for? The fact that the house is called “Sara Laughs” is something I just find intriguing and to this day I am still thinking of a name for our house with a name that is just as fascinating. I have a favorite line form this story that you might find me quoting at odd times and it won’t make any sense at all but I just like the phrase, “Give that to me… it’s my dust catcher!”

On last thing, I am very, very devoted to my small list of narrators and 99% of the time I will not listen to a book that is read by the author. Sorry authors but most of you don’t read your stories that well. Stephen King narrated his audio book “Bag of Bones” and WOW did he do a great job! Each character had a different personality, spirit and mood and Stephen infused emotion and sense of true character into each person in the story.

A Great read or listen! What is your favorite book and if you listen to audio books do you have a favorite narrator?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009

RAS drawing nears completion