Presenting "Cobblestones (Raccoon)"

Well this one took allot longer than other drawings but it is finished. This piece is a clear example of why you should do a composition sketch before starting. Although in my defense I did do a composition line drawing with the original plan being that the background would be all white. So I thought why bother with doing a value sketch, if I had I would have realized that the back light fur on the edge of the raccoon would not work unless it had a value behind it too push it out. Well after allot of scrambling for a background and working out the composition as I went... I finished!



"Cobblestones (Raccoon)"
Graphite Pencil, 10" x 16"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009