Someone ends up on a saddle...

This being my 100th posting it seems right that its about something fun.

My friend and fellow artist Ray Brown has informed me that my blog has been missing some important information about the NatureWorks show in Tulsa. Let me start this off by saying, we all need to be able to laugh at ourselves every once in awhile or at least at me.


This story starts off with my concern for a fellow artist who looked like she needed some food on Friday after the opening of the show. I graciously offered up part of my sandwich after she devoured half of the fries on my plate, we artist need to help each other out when ever possible. Well the weekend progressed with all of us making sure that our fellow artist was feed. Sunday after the close of the show a group of us went to a nearby steak house where we ate dinner. My fellow artist sits down at the end of the table along with Ray and after they get situated I send down a roll "bun" on a plate to make sure that she gets something to eat. Well... she sends the roll back to me with a faced carved in it. The night moves on with this roll passing between the two of us ending up as an edible sculpture. Just when I thought things where at an end with me being the winner of the sculpture building contest this happens.





Yes that is me on a saddle in the middle of a restaurant holding a bowl of ice cream while everyone wishes me a happy birthday. It wasn't my birthday and I wasn't turning 18. This is what happens when you get a group of artist together after a long weekend of selling work, someone ends up on a saddle!

Thank you Lyn for happily sending me the photos of this mile stone in my life. Ray thanks for reminding me that I had forgot to post this, some how it slipped my mind. And to Amy ,oops did I type your name out, I have a whole year to think of some way to get you back.



One more photo of me eating my humbling ice cream along with friend, fellow artist, and NatureWorks booth neighbor Paul Rymer and his wife Carolyn. If you look real close at my hand I have my check along with my credit card ready to go.

Comments

  1. Robert,

    Looks like you've had experiences on these horses before? Don't we just have the BEST gang to hang around with at shows?

    Happy Birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the beauty of revisionist history! Watch your back Amy...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009