LIVE paint demonstration!

A work in progress... 
“Three Gulls” – Under drawing stage.


This Saturday I will be painting LIVE from ArtHaus Visual Arts Studio in Midlothian, Virginia during their open house event. Please join me at the studio from 3-6 pm to watch me start adding color to my current painting “Three Gulls.” As you can see above the painting is in it’s “Under drawing” stage of my process and I will be toning the canvas (board) later today making it ready for the first layer of color on Saturday. You can also see below that I have already mapped out my colors for my painting using the Munsell color notation system.


If you are new to this blog and/or my work and the process I go through to create my finished pieces you might be asking yourself what is an “under drawing,” what is “mapping your colors” and who is Munsell? I will be more than happy to answer all of those questions and any more that you might come up with at the LIVE paint demonstration at ArtHaus Visual Arts Studio on Saturday.

If by chance you can’t make it to the studio that afternoon but would like to still watch the demo and ask questions, please tune in via my Ustream channel on Saturday during the same time. You can ask your questions using the chat window on the channel; make sure to create your user account so that you can interact with us at the demo!


I have included the reference photos for the painting as well as the finished Photoshop composition where I put all of my images together.

See you this Saturday from 3-6 pm at ArtHaus Visual Arts Studio!
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009