Rhythm and Repetition!

Presenting...
"The Wren's Gate (Carolina Wren)," oil, 18 x 24

Although this piece has been finished for a few weeks and delivered to the collector I am sadly just now getting around to posting the story of "The Wren's Gate." This painting has more meaning to me than most of the pieces that I do beacuse when I look at it I don't think of my initial reation to seeing the gate as you will read below but I am reminded of a morning on the shores of South Carolina with two great friends and fantatsic artists!

This is also the piece that I was working during my paint demonstration at Lovetts Gallery in Tulsa, Oklahoma back in March.  I would like to thank Jack & Waylon for giving me the opportunity to share my painting technique and for welcoming me into their wonderful gallery!

"The Wren's Gate (Carolina Wren)," Oil, 18 x 24

This painting reminds me of a fantastic (albeit early and chilly) morning in Charleston, South Carolina. I was exploring the Isle of Palms with two artist friends, Julie Bender and RayBrown, when we noticed a stretch of boat docks with waterfowl perched along the pilings. We all spotted something that piqued our interest and headed off in different directions to capture reference material. At one point, I thought I had captured just about everything and was talking to Julie while Ray was being silly, skipping down the boat dock, when I noticed the gate to a private dock — a gate that encompassed some of the elements that I look for in an interesting perch for my subjects like rhythm and repetition. And as I shot this last reference of the day, I thought, “What a great morning out with two of my good art friends on the Isle of Palms and I just found my next painting … PERFECT!”
 

Comments

  1. I am no longer sure where you are getting your info, however great topic.
    I must spend a while learning more or understanding more.
    Thank you for excellent info I used to be searching for this information for my mission.


    Also visit my blog post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qozd6jyuVw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009