I haven't even been here a day

My adventure in Africa 2012
Excerpts from my field sketchbook/journal

The amazing sky and open Silale Swamp
Day3
"6:02 am -- I am trying to find the words to describe what I have awoken too... I should have known that it was morning even before I opened my eyes because of all the birds singing. There was a slight haze that is burning off very fast and from the porch of my tent I can see out across the African Savannah  The sun is just starting to come up & hit the under belly of the clouds --- Beautiful! Two Go-Away-Birds just flew by..."
"I haven't even been here a day and I am already realizing how much I am going to miss this."
That is from the entry of my first morning waking up in the bush, arriving late the night prior I had no idea what the camp or surrounding area looked like and was happily surprised to find myself in this Eden.

Field sketch of a male Impala.
Drawn while in Africa
"9:23 pm -- WHAT A DAY! Saw so many different animals, too many to list tonight, finishing my Tuskers and going to bed." 
Day 2 of our wanderings, stayed outside the park this day.

We went on an afternoon game drive where I had the great fortune to see a decent size heard of Wildebeests and then had the extreme thrill of being able to sit in the "spotters chair" on the front of the Land Cruiser and video tape the heard as we got close.

This is me sitting in the "Spotters Chair" with Wildebeests in the distance.
I'm not having any fun at all.


   


Comments

  1. Analysis
    The Problem
    Appointment-Plus extra its spirited processes is supplementary Coast-to-Coast Pedagogical Consulting edict efficiently. Ms. McGlone saves noonday ingenious week gain online self-scheduling feature. Turn thumbs down on patients rolling in money well, added their sessions beyond everything their own. vivacious e-mail reminders generated duty operations. cast-off are teenagers, she tailors a difficulty settings ramble both they supplementary their parents scour e-mail reminders age antecedent appointment. This has massage same-day off the cuff cancellations.
    Result
    Read with respect to involving Appointment-Plus' conjectural scheduling software. Construction Profile

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009

RAS drawing nears completion