Working on a commission

Well, I got permission to post progress images of the current work that I am creating from the collector who has commissioned the piece.

I almost always say no when someone asks me to do a drawing or painting of there pet but this one is a little different. Yes these two cats are pets but they are a mix of a leopard and another large game cat. They are 3rd generation of the mix and won't get much larger than regular house cats. I found this very interesting and also I was given compositional freedom , which freed me from the usual pet portrait pieces that people are often looking for. I was able to put in a background and have them interact with an environment which my collector wanted to be the yard around there house.

So here we go... the painting will be 27" x 27" when completed and will probably take my a few months to complete due to the large amount of ornamental grass (what was I thinking). The first image below is the black & white compositional sketch and the image below that is the actual painting where the pencil under drawing is about half done.



Composition sketch


Under drawing in progress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009