Mourning Dove's, the most abundant bird in North America

I am continuing to work on the Ginter Mausoleum painting. Progress has been a bit slow on the mausoleum itself because I am working hard to replicate the texture of the granite. I describe how I’m creating the texture below in the video posting.


I found it funny that when I started this painting I discovered that I was painting a mourning dove again. I then found out that Mourning Dove’s are among the most abundant and widespread terrestrial birds in North America.

Comments

  1. It is looking nice Robert. Doves are a great bird. Such soft colors and feel to a well painted Dove. Still waiting for our summer resident ones. Be a while I'm afraid with 4" snow and 6 degrees this morning.
    Had a couple nest just outside a bedroom window in a Juniper tree one year. Was really great watching them through the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gray - you had 4" of snow this morning? Where are you located?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009