Goodbye Andrew...

In any and all professions we stand on the shoulders of those who came before us. Not all of us know who's shoulders we stand upon, I do. I have certain people that I admire for their talent, people who have created work that when I look at it, it makes me stop. It makes me stop and ask myself how did they do that, what kind of effort, knowledge, and risk did it take to create something so amazing. I don't like to discuss often those who I admire or look at for creative inspiration because often you will then be compared to those individuals. On the other hand it is an honor to be compared to or grouped with those that you admire when the person comparing you doesn't know that you admire the other artist.

With that said I like to say goodbye to an amazing artist, Andrew Wyeth. If you don't know Andrew died Friday January 16th, 2009 at his home in Chadd's Ford, Pa at the age of 91. Unfortunately I did not know Andrew personally but have spent many many hours pouring over the images that he has created. And I have been up to the Brandywine River Museum on several occasions to view the physical work. When you have a moment visit the link below to Andrew's website and spend some time with the amazing images that he created.

www.andrewwyeth.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009

RAS drawing nears completion