Some Fantastic Friends!

Presenting...

Oil on 1/2 prepared maple panel
8x16

As with many of my paintings, this one came from one of my “adventures,” this time from a visit to the Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve in Bartlesville, Oklohoma. I had just finished a group exhibit with The Gallery of Artists. Friend and fellow artist Paul Rhymer and I were packed up in the truck ready to head home to Virginia when we spotted this beautiful Meadowlark perched on the barbed wire bordering one of the pastures outside of the museum. Paul pulled over so we could see the bird move along its perch, and after sitting there for a few minutes, he slapped me on the shoulder and said, “Well?” I said, “Well, what?” He then reminded me that we had a long drive home and asked if I was going to take a picture or if I was going to let this fleeting moment of beauty pass. 

For many reasons, this painting encompasses that trip for me — a wonderful exhibit in a beautiful museum with some great artists and, better yet, some fantastic friends! 

  

Comments

  1. Nicely done Robert. Simple and remarkably effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jim! It's always fun to do a small simple piece every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009