Go and create more without uttering a word!


Deadline extended! 
10.15.2012 

Graphite pencil on Arches 300# watercolor paper 
6 x 10 


Every day brings my departure to Africa closer...

I would like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm about my trip to Tanzania. Your emails of encouragement, suggestions of what to bring, and phone calls reminding me that I don't need to be able to run fast, just faster than everyone else have been greatly appreciated!

My Advance purchase agreement of an original from my African adventure has been greeted with so much interest that I have extended the deadline to October 15, 2012. I have also included in this special purchase three drawings of African subjects that I currently have in my studio which you can add to your collection now. These three drawings are "Serendipity (African Elephant)," "Striped Horse (Zebra)," and "Contemplation (Chimpanzee)." These three drawings fall under the Level 2 discount of 30% along with receiving a postcard from Tanzania, autographed book about my adventure and a pencil sketch created on location.

If you would like to add one of these drawings to your collection or commission a new piece from my trip to Africa please email me at robert@rlcadlwell.com or you can call me at 804-302-4921.

Graphite pencil on Arches 300# watercolor paper
7 x 10

Graphite pencil on Arches 300# watercolor paper
6 x 15
SOLD!

I am very fortunate to be going to Africa with two very talented artists and great friends Jan Martin McGuire and James Gary Hines. Jan has gone out of her way to make sure that this adventure to Africa happens and I am really excited that my first time in Africa will be with two seasoned artists, naturalists and adventurers!

Jan Martin McGuire and James Gary Hines with me in Irving, Texas
Sunday September 16, 2012
We'll take the same photo 7 weeks form that date but in Africa!

I recently asked Jan to give me an idea about what to expect in Africa and this is what she had to say...

"All I wanted to do now was get back to Africa.  We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already." - This is my favorite all time quote by Ernest Hemingway.  And that is exactly how I feel ALL of the time.   
For the first 15 years of my career I only painted North America.  I am a naturalist and I fully believe in completely immersing yourself into your subject to paint it not only well - but - more importantly - with emotion and empathy.  Then my world changed.  I went to Africa.  The colors, the light, the textures. the sounds, the smells, the exotic people. . . .and . . . . well of course the unbelievable wildlife.  Everywhere you turn is another spectacular bird or mammal, each living a free and natural existence.  Going about everyday life - sleeping, playing, killing, eating and mating - right in front of you as if you were not there.  
I have discovered there are no words that can convey what Africa is like, at least I haven't found them. So I express myself and my love for Africa through my art.  Africa changed my life in so many ways - but it absolutely, completely impacted my career.  While I still paint North America, and the occasional rainforest piece - Africa is always, always in my heart.  I LOVE sharing this eden with other artists and can't wait to see Robert's face as we share Africa and all her treasures with him! 
~Jan Martin McGuire

Thank you to everyone who has helped in making this adventure a reality, I always tell people that the greatest compliment you can give an artist is to buy a piece of their art because in doing so you have told them to go and create more without uttering a word! Thank you!

-Robert Louis Caldwell


The three drawings framed.
   

                   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009