Section 2 of my Basic Color Theory course is in production!


Now that section 1 of my Basic Color Theory course is complete and launching on July 25, 2022, I am now focusing on the production of section 2. Section 1 was filled with theory and mixing exercises. Section 2, after one more mixing exercise, begins to put all of the theory and exercises to use with painting the first still life painting of the course. Section 2 is a concentration on red, green, and their complementary color mixtures, so of course, the still life will have red and green subjects. Since this is the first still life painting and I want students to focus on mixing more than textures, I chose red and green peppers.


Completed tonal painting for the first still life painting for my Basic Color Theory course.


I paint using the indirect method, so naturally, I teach using the same process. I just finished and rendered the first lesson of the still life painting, which covers painting the tonal layer. I wanted to share a short clip of the lesson towards the end so you can see how I teach and the video production quality.



My Founding Student special offer, all five sections of my Basic Color Theory course for the price of only section 1, is now open and ends Friday, July 22, 2022. To view the offer, sign up for my studio email list and gain instant access to see the special offer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009