Drawing in progress

I have an artist friend who told me once that it seems as though I sneak up on my drawings. They start out quiet and subdued taking awhile to see any real progress and then all of a sudden, BANG! the drawing pops to life. With the current drawing I would have to agree. I am carefully adding value to this one because of the light coming from the window. I want that to be the primary light source and for it to be subtly light from underneath. The light from the window needs to be strong with a feeling that its really bright but I am limited to the white of the paper and for that I need to sneak up on the surrounding value. For this one I even had to brush of the dust from my 6h pencil.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009

RAS drawing nears completion