Brown Thrasher, Grackle & a Duckling

Busy in the studio this week…

I currently have three paintings in progress in my studio, all at in different stages. With my exhibit and painting demonstration coming up in early March at Lovetts Gallery in Tulsa, Oklahoma I am a full throttle painting. Two of the paintings are of medium size and the other is smaller, a 5x8.


This small piece is actually for the Masterworks in Miniature exhibit at Gallery One in Mentor, Ohio. As I said it measures 5 x 8 and it has the first layer of color block in. I got the reference for this grackle from one of my many visits to Charleston, South Carolina and I can still remember how cold it was when I was out there shooting the reference material. I plan to start back on this one with the final layer of color as soon as I get the first layer of color blocked in on the piece below.


The reference for this painting came from one of my many walks in the Fan district of Richmond, Virginia, the architecture here is fantastic. I am currently blocking in the first layer of color but what you see above is the painting with the under drawing and the canvas (board) toned.


I finally got back to this painting after several weeks of being away from it but I now have the first layer completely blocked in and it is now drying. This is another painting from the Richmond Canal walk in Shockoe Bottom in Richmond, Virginia. I finished blocking in the duckling the other day and you can see it being painted in the time lapsed video below.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009

RAS drawing nears completion