It may seem silly


It may seem silly, but I can not express how happy I am that I have finally found and purchased my first plaster casts! I started instructing students in 2010 and have wanted to purchase plaster casts to use in my drawing and painting instruction since then. I have only bought my first three, a male foot, a female hand, and the Mary mask from Michelangelo's Pieta.

Drawing from plaster casts is terrific because the plaster does not create any harsh highlights allowing the artist to focus more accurately on the transitions of values. They are excellent teaching aid and have been used for a long time. I can not wait to draw these, create future drawing courses, and create reference images for my students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009