See through the curtain of details.

 I took a break from teaching classes for the week of Thanksgiving, but I didn’t sit around twiddling my thumbs; I recorded two new sketching courses. The two new courses finish my introductory sketching courses focusing on a simple subject matter with relatively no textures. The first one in this set is already available, titled Still Life - Eggs and a Creamer; the additional two will be titled Still Life - Eggs and a Cup and Still Life - Teapot and a Creamer. As I mentioned, the subject matter for these introductory sketching courses is being kept simple. An artist can focus on the purpose of my sketching classes, see the larger shapes first, and then break them down into smaller and smaller shapes. I continually stress to my students not to get bogged down by the details but to focus on the larger shapes that support the details, to see through the curtain of details. To work from general to specific.

Now that I have the courses recorded, I will spend the next week editing the video and getting them ready to offer as my two newest sketching courses. Please keep an eye out for the new course offerings here on my blog or in your email.

My next three sketching courses will focus on birds!

Sketching Course, Still Life - Eggs and a Creamer (Available now!)


Sketching Course, Still Life - Eggs and a Cup (Available Soon)


Sketching Course, Still Life - Teapot and a Creamer (Available Soon)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dam Painting update

RAS drawing nears completion

NatureWorks Wildlife Art Show & Sale 2009